Terms and Policies
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Music Industry Workshop's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the State of Illinois and the United States of America.
Collection of Information
No visitor to this site is required to provide information in order to gain access to the pages or information contained on this site. However, visitors must provide limited personal information in order to join the MIW Network and other interactive services. In addition, visitors must provide limited personal information in order to enter contests and other promotions. The information that you supply to Music Industry Workshop enables us to improve and enhance the overall experience for all visitors to our site.
Any information collected is used only by Music Industry Workshop to contact consumers for marketing and operational purposes. Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers or email addresses online may receive personal and automated telephone calls, text messages (SMS), or email contact from us with information regarding special promotions, new products and services, or upcoming events related to Music Industry Workshop. Music Industry Workshop will not release, sell, rent, or trade that personal information to any third party. Please note that telephone calls to and from Music Industry Workshop may be monitored for quality assurance and training purposes.
Telephone and voice communications are extremely important for students and prospective students who may need to consult with our counselors regarding courses and other services offered by Music Industry Workshop. Music Industry Workshop has adopted a do-not-call policy that is in compliance with Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) and Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) telemarketing regulations and applicable state laws. For purposes of this policy, “telemarketing” means a program or campaign conducted to induce the purchase of goods or services by use of a telephone or voice communication.
Music Industry Workshop contacts only individuals that have provided their prior express consent to be called or with whom Music Industry Workshop has an established business relationship. Music Industry Workshop does not make “cold calls” to consumers for telemarketing purposes. Music Industry Workshop does not use facsimile machines for telemarketing purposes.
Music Industry Workshop maintains comprehensive written procedures for its employees who interact with students and prospective students by telephone. Music Industry Workshop employees are trained to use these procedures and record the do-not-call requests from anyone who no longer wishes to receive telephone solicitation calls from Music Industry Workshop. Music Industry Workshop takes appropriate administrative actions against employees who violate company policy.
Email is an effective tool for students and prospective students who may need to communicate with our counselors regarding courses and other services offered by Music Industry Workshop. Music Industry Workshop requires that individuals provide email address along with certain limited information in order to participate in various interactive services and receive information about programs, courses, events, contests, and promotions.
Music Industry Workshop collects email addresses from online forms, marketing ambassador sign up forms, and other sources. This information is used to contact students and prospective students about programs, courses, events, contests, and promotions related to Music Industry Workshop. The origin of email messages will never be disguised or misrepresented. When an email is received from Music Industry Workshop, it is clearly identifiable.
Music Industry Workshop will not sell, share, or rent any email address or other personal information with third parties. Music Industry Workshop does not authorize the harvesting, mining or collection of email addresses or other information from or through our sites by third parties. For this reason, Music Industry Workshop will never publicly display your email address on our Web site or make it available through any other electronic means.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.